For the most delicious and moist banana bread, this is sure to be your go-to recipe! Its really quite simple and quick to make even for a beginner baker.
Please note that the best bananas to use in making banana bread are those that are over-ripe. With the peels looking at least half browned with the bananas inside squishy and browning.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 bananas, finely crushed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the butter and sugar.
- Then mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Add the crushed bananas and eggs to the butter/sugar mixture and combine well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt then add to the creamed mixture.
- Add in the vanilla essence and mix just until combined. Be keen not over-mix.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes the transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.