These may just be the best brownies you have ever tasted! Unlike the regular brownies we all know and love, these ones have a little twist to them that just simply takes the taste and texture to a whole different level.
A special addition gives these brownies a nice fudgy center while still retaining that crispy, crackly top! That secret ingredient is just a small amount of oil.
The oil keeps the centers super fudgy, without changing the crispy crust of a brownie.
- ½ cup all-purpose (or plain) flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/8 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted and hot)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray, line with parchment/ baking paper and then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the hot melted butter, sugar and oil and whisk well for about a minute.
- Then add in the eggs and vanilla and beat for another minute until its lighter in color.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and salt and gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined (be careful not to over-mix as that creates air in the batter which will give you cake-like textured brownies)
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth out the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center of the brownies in the pan no longer jiggles and is just set to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies.
- Serve and enjoy.