For the perfect Blueberry Muffins that are bursting with fresh blueberry flavor, this is your go-to recipe!
These blueberry muffins are an absolute favorite in my house, they have a soft and moist crumb and they puff up beautifully. The lemon glaze adds more irresistible goodness with a refreshing tangy lemon flavor.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries rinsed and dried
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup extra light olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 2 tsp lemon zest from 1 large lemon
For the Lemon Glaze:
- 1 ½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together 2 eggs and 1 cup granulated sugar using an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup oil, 1 tsp. vanilla and 1/4 tsp. salt, set the mixer to low speed and mix just until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together 2 cups flour and 2 tsp. baking powder, then gradually add the flour mixture into the batter and mix using a had whisk at every addition. Be keen not to over-mix so the muffins don’t become dense.
- Add 2 tsp. lemon zest and 2 Tbsp. lemon juice and whisk in until just combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the blueberries until just combined.
- Divide the batter into muffin tins with liners to the top or until all of the batter is used up. And then bake in a preheated oven at 400˚F for 20-22 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and allow to sit for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool to room temperature then drizzle with lemon glaze.
The Lemon Glaze:
- In a bowl, combine the powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice, and stir until smooth.
- You can adjust the consistency of the lemon glaze to your preference. To thin the glaze more, add a little lemon juice or water. To thicken it more, add a little more powdered sugar.