Simple and easy to make, these cardamom cookies are perfectly spiced and bursting with the rich flavor of lemon and molasses.
These delicious cardamom cookies go perfectly with a cup of coffee, tea, or milk. They also make for a tasty gift for friends and family over the holidays.
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cardamom
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, cardamom, baking soda, and salt then mix to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Using an electric mixer, cream them together on medium-high until fluffy.
- Add in the egg, molasses, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Beat on high until creamy and just combined.
- Reduce to low speed, then gradually add the flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide the dough into 1 ½ tablespoon-sized balls using a spring-loaded scoop onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 9-11 minutes or until the cookies are firm and slightly darker at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.