These chicken lollipops are crispy, juicy and taste just as delicious as those from your favorite takeout restaurant! This simple recipe is well-detailed and easy to follow
Even better, when you make your chicken lollipops at home, you won’t have to endure eating soggy lollipops.
To prepare this tasty treat, the lollipops are marinated first, for about an hour and then dipped into a batter made with corn-flour, all-purpose flour then fried till golden brown.
- 6 full-size chicken wings
- 2 cups oil (500 ml), for frying
For the Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Batter:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (60 g)
- ½ cup cornflour (60 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- ¼ cup water (60 ml)
- Add all the marinade ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined, then set aside.
- Slice a full-size chicken wing into three parts along the joints. You can get rid of the wing-tip or you can save them for making a chicken stock).
- For the drummet (the upper, meaty, one-bone part of the wing), cut along the circumference of the thin end so that the bone and the meat are no longer connected. Then push down the meat so the drummet becomes a lollipop. For the winglet (the middle, two-bone part of the wing), separate where the two bones join, and also cut along the circumferences of both ends, so the bone and the meat are no longer connected. Take out the thinner bone, and push down the meat into one end of the thinner bone.
- Place the prepared chicken lollipops in the marinade. Stir and cover. Then place in the fridge and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, mix all batter ingredients until smooth without lumps.
- Add the oil into a cooking pot and heat the oil to 170˚C (340˚F).
- Dip the meat end of the chicken lollipops into the batter then deep fry the chicken for 5 minutes or until the batter becomes golden brown and the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Serve with a sauce of your choice and Enjoy!