This delicious salad is a twist on the classic Greek Salad! To make this healthy and satisfying salad, you need chickpeas, ripe grape tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, olives and red onion, topped with creamy feta cheese.
This Greek Chickpea Salad is so easy to put together and can simply be served on its own or as a side dish with any meat including chicken, fish, lamb, beef etc.
This salad is also a good source of fibre, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals
- 14 ounce (400 g) can chickpeas washed and drained
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 10 ounces (300 g) grape tomatoes/ cherry tomatoes), halved
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 100 g good quality creamy feta cheese
- 10 ounces (300 g) pitted Kalamata olives
For the salad dressing:
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (and a little extra to serve)
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, whisk together the salad dressing ingredients.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together all of the salad ingredients.
- Then toss the salad ingredients with half of the salad dressing. Season with extra salt if desired.
- Top salad with brick of feta cheese and drizzle over the remaining salad dressing .
- Serve and enjoy.