These Chocolate Covered Strawberries are such a simple but very delightful dessert. They are made from ripe, juicy strawberries dipped in melted chocolate and topped with various toppings.
They are so easy to make and come together really quickly. Be sure to pick ripe but firm strawberries. Also try to find strawberries with a long stem for easier dipping. However, if the stem is too short, you can use a fork or wooden skewer at the top of each strawberry.
Rinse the strawberries in cool water and gently dry them with paper towels. For the chocolate to stick properly, the strawberries have to be completely dry.
After dipping your strawberries in the chocolate, allow them to harden in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes before decorating your chocolate covered strawberries. If you decorate too soon the drizzle won’t stick to the outside.
If you are adding toppings over top of the chocolate, simply dip or roll your strawberry in another layer of topping, then let harden in the refrigerator.
These Chocolate Covered Strawberries will certainly be a huge hit during Valentine’s Day. Be sure to try this recipe and melt someone’s heart with this delicious dessert!
- 1pint of clean and dry strawberries
- 8ouncesemi-sweet chocolate or white chocolate
- Toppings: Sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, crushed candy bars, crushed peppermint
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the chocolate of choice and shortening.
- Place in the microwave and melt. Stir after every 30 seconds until chocolate is completely smooth.
- Dip the strawberry so that it completely covers and lay on parchment paper to set. If using toppings, immediately put on the top.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Note: Chocolate covered strawberries are best eaten the day they are dipped, but they will last in the fridge for up to two days before they start to naturally ripen and soften.