This Cinnamon Tea Cake is the absolute perfect accompaniment to your morning tea. The cake is moist and buttery with a tender crumb and a delicious cinnamon sugar topping.
You only need a few ingredients easily found in your kitchen and a couple of minutes to put together this delightful treat that all your loved ones will love.
- 1 ½ cups plain flour (210g)
- ¾ cup caster sugar (150g)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup milk (180 ml)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon sugar topping:
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted (20g)
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Grease and line one round 8 inch cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat room temperature butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes until pale and creamy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and beat after each addition remembering to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the plain flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Then add half of the flour mixture, along with all the milk and slowly mix together on a low speed. Add the remaining flour mix and continue to mix until cake batter is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the cake batter into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- When done, remove from the oven and generously brush melted butter all over the cake and then sprinkle cinnamon and sugar.
- Serve and enjoy.