This is the best homemade cheesecake I have ever made! It is smooth, creamy, and absolutely delicious! It is also pretty easy to make, even for first-time bakers.
Paired with a buttery graham cracker crust, this is irresistible. For the best results, make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature so the batter remains smooth and combines effortlessly.
• 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 cups sugar (400g), plus 1 tablespoon, divided
• 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 32 oz cream cheese (905g)
• ½ cup heavy cream (120mL)
• 2 cups sour cream (460g)
• 7 oz graham cracker (200g)
• Non-stick cooking spray for greasing
• 4 large eggs
• Boiling water for baking
• 1 vanilla bean
• 1 pinch kosher salt
• mixed berries, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
2. Grease a 10-inch (25cm) spring-form pan with nonstick spray and line the pan’s inside edges with parchment paper.
3. Add the graham crackers, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and the melted butter to the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine until the texture is similar to wet sand.
4. Then transfer the graham cracker crumbs into the prepared pan and press in using a measuring cup to compact in an even layer.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. Then remove and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
6. When it has cooled, line the spring-form pan’s sides with parchment paper, and set it aside.
7. In a large bowl, add in the cream cheese, the remaining 2 cups of sugar, and salt. Then beat using an electric hand mixer until well-combined and fluffy.
8. Add in the heavy cream and beat well to incorporate.
9. Then add in the sour cream, flour, salt, and vanilla bean seeds, and beat to combine.
10. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and mix until thoroughly combined. Be keen not to over-beat.
11. Then, pour the cream cheese mixture into the cooled crust.
12. Wrap the outside of the springform pan tightly with foil and place the pan in a large baking dish.
13. Fill the dish with 1 inch (2 cm) of boiling water.
14. Carefully transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for 1 hour.
15. Turn off the heat and allow the cheesecake to rest in the oven for about an hour. Do not open the oven door
16. Remove the spring-form pan from the baking dish and unwrap the foil.
17. Run a paring knife gently around the outside of the cheesecake to loosen it from the sides of the pan.
18. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
19. Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and release the spring-form pan.
20. Top with fresh berries of your choice, if desired.
21. Dip a knife into hot water for a clean slice.
22. Serve and Enjoy!