Deviled eggs are a classic recipe and make for a healthy snacks or appetizer. They are easy to prepare, only require a handful of ingredients and practically everyone I know loves them!
This delicacy is pretty much eggs prepared with the egg yolk mixed together with mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper and stuffed in the yolk cavity.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Smoked Spanish paprika for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Place the eggs in a pot and fill with water until the eggs are just covered.
- Bring the pot to a boil on high heat, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
- Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water for about 3 minutes, then peel them and cut them in half.
- Place the egg yolks to a medium bowl, and set the cooked egg whites aside.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks into a fine crumble and then add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Using a piping bag or a spoon transfer the mixture into the egg whites and garnish with paprika and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!