To make this once-in-a-while tasty treat, chicken wings are crisped in a skillet, then glazed in cola soda and soy sauce for a smooth, tasty, sticky sauce that’s amazingly delicious.
You’ll find this dish very easy and quick to prepare just be sure not to use diet soda, as it will not yield the same results.
These coca cola chicken wings make for a good appetizer and can be paired with a side dish and salad to make a fun meal!
- 6 chicken wings, frozen, thawed
- ¾ cup coca cola soda (180 mL)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- scallion, for garnish
- Clean the chicken wings, then cut the wings at the joint, and pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken wings and sear for just a few minutes per side, until just crispy.
- Add the soy sauce and coca cola and increase the heat to high.
- Bring to simmer for about 10 minutes stirring constantly, until the sauce is reduced and syrupy and the wings are cooked through and well coated.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with the chopped scallions.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!