This delicious coconut rice is so quick and easy to make. It has a delicate coconut flavor, and it goes great with curry dishes.
I am pretty sure this coconut rice recipe will come in handy for those times when you want to make dinner extra special without a lot of extra work.
- 1 cup rice, washed (I like basmati/jasmine)
- 1 cup coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1 cup boiling water
- salt to taste
- Place the rice into a thick-bottomed saucepan then add in the coconut milk/cream, water, and salt to the rice.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to the lowest heat, and cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, until the rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and allow to sit for a few minutes then fluff the rice with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy.