These delicious condensed milk bread rolls are so soft, moist and fluffy. Using the condensed milk in the recipe gives the bread a little bit of sweetness like the bread from your favorite Asian bakery.
They’re pretty easy to prepare and are sure to be a hit with your loved ones. They are also the perfect addition to your special event dinners yet they are also simple enough to make as an everyday recipe.
These bread rolls are incredible with any kind of spread but are just as delicious on their own.
- 400g Bread Flour
- 50g sweetened Condensed Milk
- 200ml Warm Milk
- 30g softened Butter
- ½ Egg
- ½ the Egg for brushing the tops
- 15g yeast
- 35 g Sugar
- In a mixing bowl, add in the warm milk, sugar and yeast, mix and then set aside for about five minutes so that the yeast can activate.
- Add the flour into the bowl of a stand mixer together with the softened butter and salt then mix for about thirty seconds until well combined. Add in half of the egg and continue to mix.
- Add in about 50 grams of the condensed milk into the flour/butter mixture and mix to combine.
- Then add in the activated yeast a little at a time and continue to knead until it makes a smooth dough.
- Once the dough is ready, place it into a greased bowl and place it in a warm place until it doubles in size.
- When the dough has properly risen, pat it down then transfer it to a floured surface and cut the dough into equal pieces, then take each piece and roll it between your palms to make a ball and place it in a baking tray close to each other and leave them to poof again.
- After the dough balls have poofed up in the baking tray, brush the top with egg yolks and then bake the rolls at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes until they are a nice golden color and crispy on top.
- Allow to cool, before you can serve and enjoy.