This condensed milk loaf topped with raisins is so soft, luscious and delicious. It has more of a bread like texture and even with the use of condensed milk, it is not too sweet at all.
Served with a spread of butter condensed milk sauce, it makes for a great breakfast, dessert or snack.
To make this loaf, you can use sweetened condensed milk because this bread does not need sugar.
- 2 ¾ cups Bread flour (350g)
- 40g Unsalted Butter (1&1/3oz)
- 40g Condensed Milk (2tbsp)
- 2/3cup Cold Milk (165ml)
- 1 Egg
- 1¼ tsp Instant Yeast (4g)
- 2g Salt (¼ tsp)
- 30g Unsalted Butter (1oz) (to make butter condensed milk sauce)
- 30g Condensed Milk (1½ tbsp) (to make butter condensed milk sauce)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add 350 grams of bread flour together with the salt and condensed milk and mix to combine.
- Add the egg and mix the ingredients, then add the milk in small additions and knead the dough on medium speed for about 3 minutes until the dough has come together then increase the speed to high and knead for 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Add in the butter and knead for 3 minutes on high speed. Then place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and allow the dough to proof for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Meanwhile, to make the butter condensed milk sauce, add the 30g of unsalted butter and 30g of condensed milk in a small bowl and stir them until you get a homogeneous mixture, then set that aside.
- Butter or grease the bottom and the sides of the baking tins. You can use oval or rectangle baking tins.
- After the dough has proofed, transfer it onto a lightly floured work surface and knead it for about a minute to remove the air trapped in the dough, then divide the dough into two and roll them out then cover and allow the dough to sit for another ten minutes.
- Roll the dough into an oval shape then generously brush the surface of the dough with the butter condensed milk sauce. Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into strips but don’t cut both ends. Evenly put some raisins on top of the dough then roll the dough from the top of the oval shape to the other end.
- Place the dough in the prepared baking pans then cover them and allow the dough to sit for one hour or until they double in size.
- Then brush the top of the bread dough with the butter condensed milk sauce and bake in a preheated oven at 170° (340℉) for about 22-25 minutes
- After the loaf is ready, brush the top of the bread with butter, so it remains soft even after its cooled down.
- Serve and enjoy.