This creamy apple coleslaw is the easiest to prepare and only takes a few minutes! The crunchy cabbage and creamy dressing are mixed with tart apples to give you a delicious side dish that pairs amazingly with a number of dishes, especially with meats and anything tangy, like dishes with barbecue sauce.
Coleslaw is popularly considered as a summertime food because it tastes so light and refreshing when served cold as a side dish even though it goes amazingly on its own too.
- 1 pound coleslaw mix
- 1 Granny Smith apple chopped fine
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or cider
- 1 small bunch scallions chopped
- 1 red apple chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, lime juice, some salt and pepper and whisk them together until smooth.
- Add the coleslaw mix to a large bowl, then add the apples and scallions.
- Pour the dressing over top and toss until combined.
- Season with extra salt & pepper as needed.
- Serve and enjoy as is or chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.