These delicious well-seasoned salmon fillets are soft and juicy on the inside with amazing crisp edges. The meaty goodness is then smothered in a tasty garlic butter spinach and sun-dried tomato cream sauce to make an incredible dish.
The best part, the recipe is very easy, quick, and simple. If you are more adventurous, you can add a little white wine to the sauce for more flavor instead of the vegetable broth.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, finely diced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 150g jarred sun-dried tomato in oil, drained of oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 ¾ cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable broth
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, season the salmon fillets on both sides with salt and pepper and sear in the hot pan, flesh-side down first, for 5 minutes on each side.
- Then remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter in the remaining cooking juices leftover.
- Add in the garlic and fry for about a minute or until fragrant.
- Add in the onion and stir fry until translucent, then add the sun-dried tomatoes and fry for about 2 minutes to release their flavors.
- Then pour in the vegetable broth, and allow the sauce to cook and reduce down slightly.
- Reduce heat to low, add the heavy cream, and bring to a simmer, while regularly stirring.
- Then season the cream sauce with salt and pepper..
- Add in the baby spinach and allow to wilt in the sauce, then add in the parmesan cheese.
- Allow cream sauce to simmer for another minute until the cheese melts through.
- Add the grilled salmon fillets back into the pan, sprinkle with the parsley and spoon the sauce over each filet.
- Serve and enjoy. (You can serve the creamy garlic salmon over steamed veggies, pasta or rice)