These delicious potatoes are buttery with a touch of garlic goodness and crispy on the outside with golden edges but fluffy on the inside.
They are really so simple and easy to prepare but they come out so delicious! These crispy garlic roasted potatoes are a simple side dish that pairs perfectly with anything, including steak and roast chicken.
Feel free to adjust the amount of garlic used to your liking, and you can pretty much get adventurous with your seasonings and herbs. You can also use any potatoes you like, be it red potatoes, white potatoes, baby potatoes or Yukon gold.
To get crispy potatoes, I like to roast them at a high temperature of 200°C for 40-45 minutes, while turning them a couple of times to ensure they don’t stick to the baking tray and they crisp up all over.
As a general rule of thumb, you can use the following reference as a guide for your personal preference:
- (175°C) 350°F: 65-75 minutes.
- (190°C) 375°F: 55-65 minutes.
- (200°C) 400°F: 45-55 minutes.
- (230°C) 450°F: 35-45 minutes.
- 1 kg potatoes,cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2tablespoonsminced garlic
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- ¾teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper
- 2tablespoonsfresh chopped parsley
- 1teaspoonsea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F)
- Lightly grease a baking sheet or tray with cooking oil spray.
- Arrange potatoes on sheet in a single layer and drizzle them with the olive oil then season with salt, pepper and garlic. Toss to evenly coat and season the potatoes.
- Place in the oven and roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes while flipping occasionally, until crisp and golden.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and season with a little extra salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle over with parsley.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!