When it comes to salads, this simple classic cucumber, tomato and avocado salad is my absolute favorite! It is not only delicious but also super healthy and it fits pretty much every diet out there.
What’s more, it takes just a few minutes to put together and with food items that are easily available in your kitchen.
- 1 English cucumber
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 3 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
1. Slice then dice cucumber.
2. Slice then dice tomatoes.
3. Slice avocado and carefully remove stone. Then scoop out the inside and dice.
4. Peel onion and slice.
5. Chop cilantro and add into the salad bowl
6. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and toss gently to combine.
7. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste and toss gently to combine.
8. Serve and enjoy.
Note: If you don’t particularly like cilantro, fresh dill is a good substitute