If you love chocolate and bananas, then this banana/chocolate combination will be heavenly for you.
This double chocolate banana bread is delicious, moist and fudgy with a soft chocolate crumb.
The amazing bread is then topped with melted chocolate chips for extra decadence. This will certainly become yours and your loved ones’ new favorite bread.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or plain flour (150g)
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (50g)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar (150g)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted (90g)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (30ml)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray, then set aside.
- For the dry ingredients, in a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder, then set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add the mashed bananas, melted butter and oil and mix well to combine.
- Then whisk in the egg, vanilla and brown sugar and mix until smooth.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 10 to 15 minutes, then remove the cake and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.