These are literally the easiest Chocolate Chip Cookies I have ever made. This recipe is easy and so simple but it yields super yummy and soft chocolate chip cookies.
An easy trick to make soft chocolate chip cookies is to slightly under-bake the cookies. In order to slightly under-bake the cookies,
For this, ensure the edges look set, but not brown and the center of the cookies should look soft and slightly puffy. This trick will help to keep your cookies nice and soft.
- 1 ¾cupsall-purpose flour
- 1cupsemisweet chocolate chips
- ½cupgranulated sugar
- ¼cupbrown sugar(packed)
- 1large egg
- ½teaspoonbaking soda
- 2teaspoonsvanilla extract
- ½teaspoonkosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, and set aside.
- Warm the butter in the microwave for about 40 seconds, until completely melted but not hot.
- In a large bowl, add in the butter and the sugars and mix until well-combined.
- Then add in the vanilla extract and egg and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt then mix the dough until just combined. Be keen not to over-mix the dough. The dough should be soft and just a little sticky.
- Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of dough and place about 2 inches apart on a prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 7-10 minutes or until cookies are set. They will be puffy and still look a little under-baked in the middle.
- When done, allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.