This rich, moist, sweet cornbread is so flavorful, with a caramelized and crispy sugar on top. It is perfect for breakfast or simply as a quick all day snack alongside a cup of milk.
The recipe so simple and easy, and only requires basic ingredients you already have in your kitchen.
To store your cornbread, keep it tightly covered or slip it into a zip-top bag, and it should stay fresh for a few days at room temperature. You can also keep it in the fridge for about a week.
- 1 ¼ cup (180g) cornmeal
- ¼ cup (40g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (20g) semolina flour
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 2 ¼ tsp (10g) baking powder
- 2 cups (500g) plain yogurt
- ½ cup (100g) oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Grease and line a 8 or 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs with sugar. Gradually add oil and whisk to combine.
- Add in the plain yogurt and vanilla extract and mix till well combined.
- Then stir in cornmeal, all purpose flour, baking powder and semolina flour.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan and evenly sprinkle the two tablespoons of sugar on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes until golden brown, a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the sugar on top is caramelized and crispy.
- Serve warm or cold and enjoy.