This soft and delicious Farmhouse White Sandwich Bread is ideal for toast, sandwiches, a tasty soup accompaniment and even your favorite grilled cheese.
Also, the smell of bread fresh from the oven is a delight most of us cannot resist! It’s even better when the bread is just as tasty.
Each batch makes three loaves of bread, allowing more to share with your loved ones.
- 4 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 6 cups bread flour all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated or brown sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons instant yeast
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1½ Tablespoons salt
- 4 cups warm milk
- In a large bowl combine the all-purpose flour, instant yeast, and sugar.
- Then make a well in the center of the mixture and add melted butter and warm milk.
- Add 3-4 cups of flour (1 cup at a time) and stir until you have a sticky, shaggy dough that’s mostly combined-It doesn’t have to be smooth.
- Cover with a damp towel and allow to rest for about 20 minutes.
- Uncover the dough and add the salt and 1 cup of bread flour. Add an additional cup if it’s too sticky to begin kneading.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and start kneading using your hands for about 10 minutes. The dough should be soft slightly tacky but not sticky. Add flour as required to achieve this feel and texture of the dough.
- Using a large bowl sprinkle in a little flour, add the dough and sprinkle the top with flour.
- Cover and allow to rise in a warm place until it has doubled.
- Then transfer the dough onto a floured surface and flatten gently to remove air bubbles.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces and shape into loaves. Place seam side down in greased loaf pans and dust loaves with flour.
- Cover the loaves with a damp towel and allow to rise for about 60 minutes. Gently poke with a floured finger, the dough should spring back a little.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until be golden brown. The internal temperature of ready loaves is about 200 degrees.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing with a bread knife.
- Serve and enjoy.