These simple gluten free vanilla cupcakes are super delicious, light and airy. Top them with your favorite frosting and you have the perfect snack/dessert.
I used a simple and yummy buttercream frosting that is oh so easy to make and pipes onto the cupcakes so well while holding its shape amazingly!
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners and transfer the batter into each of them to ¾ full.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually beat in enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Then frost the cupcakes, serve and enjoy.