This yummy and satisfying leftover prime rib soup with mushrooms will leave you wishing you had more prime rib leftovers from your holiday indulgences!
Loaded with amazing flavors and a variety of complimentary vegetables, all made even better with tender leftover pieces from your prime rib roast Christmas dinner.
- 4 beef ribs, trimmed from a cooked prime rib roast
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Place the ribs in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 2 hours, until the meat is falling from the bones.
- Remove the ribs from the fire and allow to cool.
- Trim the meat from the ribs and cut into bite sized pieces and refrigerate.
- Continue simmering the broth until reduced to 1 cup then refrigerate until the fat congeals to the top. Skim and discard the congealed fat.
- Pour the broth into a saucepan along with the meat trimmings, beef stock, potato, mushrooms, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Serve and enjoy.