If you are a coffee-lover, this recipe is very likely to be a hit with you! These no-bake chocolate espresso brownies are a personal favorite of mine and are so easy to make.
The brownies are made from wholesome ingredients, have no added sugars, are gluten-free and are vegan friendly. They also make for an amazing pre-workout snack.
If you prefer a sweeter brownie, you can use just a tablespoonful of the espresso and add a tablespoonful of maple syrup.
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- ½ cup drippy almond butter
- 2 tbsp espresso
- 1 ¼ cup pitted packed soft, fresh dates
- 1 ¼ cup raw almonds
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Place the almonds in a high-powered blender and blend until broken down into a grainy flour.
- Add the dates and continue to blend
- Add the almond butter, cocoa, espresso, vanilla and sea salt and process until it forms a thick dough.
- Then press the dough into a lined loaf pan for thick bars, a square baking pan for a thinner bar, or roll the dough into balls for brownie bites.
- Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours to set.
- Lift out of the pan and and cut into 8 bars.
- Serve and enjoy. (You can store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months.)