You never have to wonder again what to have for a healthy breakfast! An oatmeal bowl is such a heart-healthy easy staple breakfast recipe that can be made in so many varying ways.
There are times I like to have cold overnight oats, and there are mornings a warm oatmeal literally kick-starts my days.
The best thing about oatmeal is that it’s really quick and easy to make, and you can customize it with any toppings you like.
What’s more, it keeps you full with lots of energy to last your morning! Here is one of my favorite oatmeal recipes:
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- cinnamon, to taste
- salt, to taste
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring almond milk to a boil.
- Add in the oats and stir then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Transfer oatmeal into bowl, add in the peanut butter and combine.
- Top with the sliced banana and cinnamon.
- Serve and enjoy!