There is nothing quite as satisfying and fulfilling as a fresh well-prepared pizza. It can only get better if it’s made at home with ingredients of your liking and preference. This Pepperoni Pizza Pull-Apart Bread is sure to be popular in your kitchen as it’s already a personal favorite in mine!
No, really, can you imagine being able to resist freshly baked delicious layers of homemade pizza bread sandwiched together with tangy tomato sauce, pepperoni slices and shredded mozzarella stacked together and covered in melted garlic butter?
For the dough:
- 2 3/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 2 1/4teaspoonsinstant yeast
- 6Tablespoonsunsalted butter
- 1/3cupwhole milk
For the toppings:
- 1cupshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4cupsliced pepperoni
- 1/2cuppizza or marinara sauce
- 2Tablespoonsunsalted butter, melted
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups of the flour with the sugar, salt and yeast and set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix the milk and 6 tablespoons butter over low heat until melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove, stir in the water and let set until its at 120-130ºF.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, then use a spatula to fold them together until just combined.
- Using a dough hook on your stand mixer, knead the dough on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and knead till the eggs are fully incorporated.
- Add 1/2 cup of the remaining flour and knead on low speed until the dough is smooth. Then add 3 more tablespoons flour and knead just until the dough is soft, but still slightly sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead just until it comes together into a ball.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Let the dough sit in a warm, dry place for an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Gently deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Roll it into a rectangle measuring about 20″x11″.
- Brush the dough with the sauce, sprinkle it with the cheese and top it with the pepperoni.
- Trim the edges to make straight sides along the rectangle.
- Cut the rectangle into five equal strips.
- Stack the strips atop one another and then cut the strips into 4 equal parts to make a total of 20 squares.
- Lightly butter a 9″x5″ loaf pan and stack the squares against each other, cut-sides down.
- Lightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and let it sit for half an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350FºF.
- Place the loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake it for 15 minutes.
- Stir together the melted butter and minced garlic. Remove the pan from the oven, brush the top of the loaf with the garlic butter, then return it to the oven to continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes and the top is golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before turning the loaf out onto a serving plate.
- Enjoy while warm.
Note: You can use other toppings of your liking such as chicken, peppers, olives, sausage, etc.