Looking for an extra tasty and festive way to serve bread? These pumpkin dinner rolls are for you! They’re soft,fluffy and pillowy with a tantalizing hint of pumpkin flavor.
The pumpkin also adds a nice golden color to the dinner rolls that adds to the overall appeal of this tasty goodness. These would be perfect for your holiday feasts or to accompany a pot of soup.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée, canned pumpkin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Warm milk in the microwave for about 1 minute then pour in a large bowl.
- Add in sugar and salt, then stir the mixture. Allow it to sit until it is lukewarm.
- Add the instant yeast into the milk mixture.
- Add the softened butter, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and stir well until it is all well blended together.
- Gradually add in the flour and start to knead the dough with your hands until all the flour is incorporated in.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and continue to knead for about 7 minutes until it is soft and smooth and does not stick to your hands.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and allow it to rise for about 1 hour.
- Then split the dough and round each piece into a smooth ball. You may have about 20 pieces, depending on the size you make the rolls.
- Lightly grease a large cast-iron skillet or a sheet pan and arrange the dough.
- Cover the skillet or sheet pan, and allow the rolls to rise until they puff up.
- Uncover the rolls, and bake them for about 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees. (Cover the top with aluminum foil if they brown too fast.)
- Remove the rolls from the oven, and brush with melted butter. Serve warm and enjoy.