We all love some red velvet goodness in our lives now don’t we! Having already shared my favorite red velvet cake recipe, sharing my go-to red velvet cookies recipe only seemed fair.
These cookies are soft and chewy, and are topped with delicious white chocolate chips. Usually, red velvet pairs amazingly with cream cheese frosting, so if you like, you can frost these red velvet cookies.
If you choose to frost your cookies, remember to reduce the amount of white chocolate chips so your cookies don’t turn out too sweet.
- 3 cups Flour (or 1 ½ cups cake flour + 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Butter (cold) (cut into small cubes)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Red Food Coloring
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 ½ cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a large bowl, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar for about 4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and red food coloring, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Fold in the flour mixture until combined.
- Add in the white chocolate chips and mix until well incorporated.
- Scoop 3 to 4 ounces of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.