This recipe is amazing for those days you crave a little teriyaki goodness but don’t have too much time on your hands. It’s a very simple and quick recipe that only requires 3 ingredients but the end results are so incredible!
The 3 ingredients you’ll need for this simple teriyaki chicken are chopped chicken thighs, brown sugar, and soy sauce. You also need cooking oil and salt, but we assume that you can easily get those in your kitchen.
Feel free to add some more ingredients to make this recipe even yummier. You can add chopped green onions and sesame seeds as a delicious garnish, and they’ll even make your dish look even more appetizing. You can leave them out if you don’t have them on hand though, and the dish will still be just as amazing.
- 910 g chicken thighs, sliced into chunks (2 lb)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (65g)
- ½ cup soy sauce (120 mL)
- Rinse the chicken, dry, and chop it, then sprinkle with salt.
- Warm some oil in a pan over medium heat, then place the chicken into the pan and sear evenly then flip. It should brown on the outside.
- Add the soy sauce and brown sugar, while stirring and bringing to a boil.
- Keep stirring until the sauce has reduced and evenly glazes the chicken.
- Garnish with optional green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
- Serve with rice and vegetables if desired.
- Serve and enjoy.