This quick Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles recipe is so easy yet absolutely delicious and very healthy, you will certainly love it!
This recipe is a modification of the classic shrimp scampi, a dish traditionally made with pasta, butter, lemon and garlic. I retained the garlic, lemon and shrimp and went in with lots of veggie goodness to replace the pasta.
To cut your zucchini into noodles, you can use a mandoline or a spiralizer.
In less than 30 minutes and with just a handful of ingredients, you will have your tasty Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles on the table.
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into noodles
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan over medium-low heat, add the olive oil and heat for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and stir them for a minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook them for about 3 minutes, constantly stirring as needed, until they are cooked throughout and pink on all sides.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a bowl. Leave any liquid in the pan.
- Increase the heat to medium, then add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan.
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, then cook the wine and lemon juice for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed and garnish with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy.