Nothing highlights your morning like a fresh, warm, gooey batch of homemade Soft Cinnamon Rolls drizzled with a sweet coating of cream cheese glaze!
This easy recipe will ensure your cinnamon rolls are soft and fluffy and oh so delicious.
Since we will be using yeast, be sure that your milk is warm enough to activate the yeast, but not too hot as that will kill the yeast. It should be about 115 degrees F.
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm milk
- ¼cup melted butter
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg lightly whisked
- 2 ½ teaspoons instant yeast
- Cooking oil spray
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Glaze:
- 4oz(110 g) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 200°F (100°C).
- Mix the warm milk together with the melted butter, sugar and yeast in a large bowl, then set aside for 10 minutes, until frothy.
- Add the whisked egg to the milk mixture, then add in the flour and salt, and mix until a soft dough forms (the dough will be sticky).
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for about 3 minutes until smooth and elastic, occasionally rolling into the flour on your bench top to prevent the dough sticking to your fingers.
- Coat a large bowl with cooking oil spray and transfer the ball of dough to the bowl, turning once to coat in the oil. Then cover with a damp towel.
- Turn off the oven and transfer the bowl of dough to the warm oven and allow to rise for 30 minutes. Punch the dough down, then cover again and let rest for an additional 30 minutes or until its doubled in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle about 19-inch x 13–inch.
- Brush the melted butter over the dough and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon then gently rub the cinnamon mixture into the butter.
- Beginning at one long side, roll up the dough tightly then gently pinch the seam down to seal. Trim the ends for even slices, and cut the dough into 12 slices.
- Arrange the rolls in a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking dish, then cover with the damp towel and allow to rise for another 30 minutes or until its doubled in size.
- While rising, preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Uncover the rolls and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool off a little before glazing.
For the Glaze:
While the rolls are baking, prepare the glaze: Beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla, until smooth and creamy. Then beat in the powdered sugar until lump free. Spread icing over rolls.
Serve warm and enjoy.