An easy go-to dinner roll recipe needs to be in everyone’s repertoire, and this is just the recipe for you. These dinner rolls are perfectly soft and fluffy with a nice pillowy texture and buttery flavor.
They are very versatile and are a perfect addition to any meal, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, sandwiches, you name it.
Needing just a handful of simple ingredients, these lovely dinner rolls can you be on your table in a jiffy.
- 6 cups (750g) all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons salted butter softened (80g)
- ¼ cup (52g) white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant dry yeast (20g)
- 2 cups warm milk (473 ml)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon (15g) melted butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and eggs.
- Add in 5½ cups of flour, then using a dough hook, turn the mixer on to a low speed. Once the flour starts to incorporate into the dough, increase the speed to a medium.
- Gradually add the remaining ½ cup of flour until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- The dough mixture should be slightly sticky and soft. You can add more or less flour until the dough reaches the desired consistency. (The amount of flour you add in bread making is always an approximation, I just eyeball mine)
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased mixing bowl, cover with a towel and allow to rise for 90 minutes.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Punch down the dough and cut into 24 rolls then place on the greased baking sheet.
- Cover and allow to rise for 1 more hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 12 to 14 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove the rolls from oven and brush with melted butter.
- Serve while warm and enjoy.
Note: If you are making them ahead of serving time, allow the rolls to let rest in the pan for 15 minutes after removing them from the oven before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Then place in a plastic bag and store.