These sweet, light and soft pumpkin bread rolls are fluffy and super delicious you can eat on its own. And since adding veggies to bread is a great way to add more flavor, and nutrients to your bread, this leaves your pumpkin bread rolls pretty nutritious.
You can serve these rolls with soup or a beef stew or literally anything you want.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (480g)
- ½ cup unsalted melted butter (113g)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup sugar (100g)
- 1 cup milk (237ml)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Add 1 tbsp of active dry yeast to one cup of warm milk, mix it to combine then set it aside for the yeast to activate.
- For the dry ingredients, add 4 cups of all-purpose flour, half a teaspoon of salt, half a cup of sugar and two teaspoons of cinnamon powder into a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Boil your pumpkin for about 30 minutes until tender. Once the pumpkins have boiled, place them in a bowl and mash until you get 1 cup of a nice puree.
- In a clean bowl, add the yeast mixture, butter, vanilla extract and the one cup of the pumpkin puree. Whisk everything together until well incorporated then gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and using a wooden spoon, combine them until you get a nice sticky dough. You can also use a stand mixer when kneading the dough.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead it until smooth and elastic. Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap then let the dough proof for about 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Transfer the dough into the work surface and cut in into small balls for the rolls. This recipe should yield about 15 rolls depending on the size of your rolls, roll each piece into a nice round shape then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover the rolls and allow them to rise again for 30 minutes until the balls have doubled in size. Once doubled in size, lightly brush them with milk which will give them a nice golden color then bake the rolls in a preheated oven at 375° Fahrenheit (190° C) for about 15 to 20 minutes or until they have a nice golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and brush them with melted butter to give them a nice glowy look and soft texture.
- Serve and enjoy.