These Chicken Fajitas literally so flavorful, juicy and absolutely delicious! They are made with marinated chicken sautéed in a hot cast iron skillet with sautéed onions and peppers.
You can prepare this dish in no time and your loved ones will certainly have a meal they will all enjoy.
To get the perfect juicy chicken full of flavor, start with marinating the chicken in lime juice, oil and spices for at least 30 minutes. The lime juice not only flavors but also tenderizes the chicken. Remember to pierce the chicken breast or thighs so the marinade can easily penetrate the meat.
- 2 lbs. Chicken Breast or Chicken Thighs
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 1 large Green Pepper, sliced
- 1 large Yellow Pepper, sliced
- 1 large Red Pepper, sliced
- Flour Tortillas
For the Toppings:
- Sour Cream
- In a bowl, stir together oil, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pierce chicken breast/thighs using a fork and put in a large Ziploc bag.
- Pour the marinade you just made over the chicken and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high until hot, drizzle a little oil to coat the skillet then add the chicken breast/thigh and cook for about 8 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Remove from pan, place on a warm plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Add more oil to the pan, only if needed, and add in the onions and cook for about 5 minutes then add the peppers and cook until desired softness.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the chicken into strips. Add back to pan with vegetables and sear for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with tortillas, salsa, avocado, sour cream, or any of your desired toppings.