This incredible cake is rich and buttery yet fluffy with a melt in your mouth texture. It’s also amazingly moist and its excellent keeping qualities make it ideal for making and slicing ahead and bringing on picnics or get-togethers.
For the best results, make sure to have the butter and eggs at room temperature before you start the preparation of this cake.
- Cake flour/All-Purpose Flour 100g
- 100g Unsalted butter
- 100g Sugar
- Milk 20g
- Baking Powder 2g
- 100g Egg (about 5/6 eggs)
- Vanilla Extract 2g
- salt 1g
- Preheat the oven to 340°F.
- Butter a baking pan and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the room temperature butter and beat it until soft. Then add the 100 grams of sugar in three addition while beating well to incorporate after each addition. Continue mixing until the mixture is creamy and pale yellow in color.
- Add a pinch of salt to the 100g of eggs and lightly beat the eggs. Then add the eggs into the butter mixture in small addition while whisking the mixture after each addition, mix until the eggs are well blended into the mixture.
- Sift 100 grams of cake flour and 2 grams of baking powder into the butter mixture and using a spatula, gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined with just a little flour visible in the mixture.
- Then add 20 ml of milk and continue folding the mixture until the flour is moistened and you have a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan and tap it a few times on the counter to remove any trapped air in the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 45-50 minutes. Once baked, allow the cake to cool in the pan for a few minutes before inverting it and leaving it to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.