This simple tomato basil bruschetta is a classic Italian starter that is fresh, delicious and full of flavor. And best of all, very easy to put together.
- 1 baguette, 6 inches long
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cut the baguette into 1 cm rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush both sides of the baguette slices with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 230°C for 6-8 minutes until slightly crispy.
- In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Then rub the whole garlic into one side of the baguette slices.
- Using a spoon, place the tomato mixture evenly on the slices.
- Serve and enjoy!