These yummy yogurt bread rolls soft, delicious and so light. Be sure to have all your ingredients at room temperature before you start preparing your yogurt bread rolls. Also, note that the milk should be slightly warmed up to help to activate the yeast.
The great thing about these rolls is that they are so simple to make and are so versatile. They are perfect for breakfast and you can eat them with butter, any jam of your choice, honey or any spread you like. You can also use them for burgers.
The recipe is easy and super simple and only requires ingredients you can easily find in your pantry/kitchen.
- 500 g bread flour
- 200 g natural yogurt regular type or Greek
- 1 Tbsp. sugar caster or granulated
- 60 g unsalted butter softened
- 120 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 7 g 1 sachet dried yeast
- 5 tsp. salt
- 1 extra egg for brushing your rolls
- seeds of your choice: sesame, pumpkin, poppy etc.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Prepare a baking sheet or line with baking paper, and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl of your food processor. Make sure you put the yeast and sugar on a different side of the bowl to salt initially as salt “kills” the yeast.
- Knead using the hook attachment of your food processor or by hand until the dough is springy to the touch and no longer sticky.
- Place your dough in a bowl and cover with a clean tea towel and let it rest for about 90 minutes, until its doubled in size.
- Deflate the proved dough with a good punch and divide it into 12 even pieces. Then shape then into rolls and place on a prepared baking sheet(s).
- Cover again with a clean tea towel and allow the rolls to rest for about 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, gently brush the rolls with a beaten egg and sprinkle your seeds of choice on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, until nice and brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Allow to cool, then serve with your choice of filling!